- Title: Hypermobility for Hands-On Therapists
- Format: livestream or self-paced online course
- Time required: about 1 hour, plus optional elements
- Credits: 1 (details below)
- Online lecture (live or recorded), about 1 hour total.
- PDF download.
- Recommend: discussion in study group or private online forum.
- 5-question quiz (10-20 min).
- Brief self-evaluation and learning summary (10-20 min).
About This Course
How can manual therapy help with hypermobility? What do hands-on therapists need to know? This special seminar with physician, researcher, and manual therapist Dr Tina Wang provides an overview of manual therapy approaches for working with hypermobile spectrum disorders and hypermobile Ehlers-Danlos Syndromes. The interdependence between the fascial, autonomic, and immune system will be a focus, and manual therapy approaches as they pertain to conditions in hypermobile disorders will be presented.
Dr. Tina J Wang is a board-certified Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation physician and fascia researcher. Her published research focuses on fascial dysfunction in Ehlers Danlos Syndromes and Hypermobility Spectrum Disorders. She has training in both osteopathic and fascial methodologies for manual therapy, regularly applying these techniques in her clinical practice and in the instruction of resident physicians.
Click on each lesson to open it. then:
Watch the video lessons, using the included handout for questions and notes
Review any Supplemental Materials
Practice the techniques
Share questions and insights in the course Comments, your study group, or the AMT Group
Complete the quiz, and the final self-evaluation / learning summary.
- All required materials are included in this Course Navigator, including lecture recording, pdf handout, transcripts, and extras.
- CAMT: Earns CAMT Elective credits.
- Approval for NCBTMB credits has been applied for and is pending. This course may also earn other types of CE credit, but be sure to confirm eligibility with your agency or association.
- A minimum score of 70% on each quiz is required for course credit. You will have a chance to review your answers and retake each quiz a limited number of times.
- An official Certificate documenting your credits will be awarded based on satisfactory completion of required items.
- Deadline: all required items must be completed while your A-T Subscription is active. Even if you decide to cancel, any credits or certificates you earn while subscribed will continue to be valid, and be available on your Learner Dashboard, as they normally are.