Live Course Information:
SPINAL FLEXION & EXTENSION Spine Part II
Companion course: SPINE, RIBS, & LOW BACK Part I
Series: Advanced Myofascial Techniques
Typical Credits Earned: 8
Approved for professional Continuing Education credit by NCBTMB, AMTA, ABMP, many state and provincial agencies, and for credit towards Certification in Advanced Myofascial Techniques (CAMT).
Learn highly effective Advanced Myofascial Techniques that dramatically improve your ability to work with conditions such as:
• chronic back pain
• spinal fixations
• easing diaphragm and rib issues
• increasing spine mobility...and more.
Prerequisite: Completion of our "SPINE, RIBS, & LOW BACK Part I" course (via seminar or DVD) is a required preparation for this course. Sign up for the companion course, or order the DVDs at a discount during your registration.
This course is limited to trained practitioners and students of hands-on body therapies (for example, Bodyworkers, Physical Therapists, Rolfers, Chiropractors, Structural Integration Practitioners, Massage Therapists, Neuro-Muscular Therapists, and other somatic practitioners). Students of these disciplines with at least 250 hours of hands-on training and/or instructor approval may also be accepted. Feel free to contact us directly about prerequisites or course content.
|Each day typically provides 8 NCBTMB, ABMP, AMTA, IASI and State Board CEU's. Approved for Advanced Myofascial Certification (CAMT) credits. These workshops are also approved for CE/CME credits for Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Certified Rolfers, and many other types of credit (check with your association or agency for any special conditions or type of credit earned). Click here for a summary of CE approvals.|
Before Your Course:
- Please make sure you're familiar with the terms on your course's anatomy review list. (If your course is not listed there, use the anatomy review list for any prerequisite course).
- You will receive a hardcopy of your Course(s)’ Notebook(s) at your class.
- If you would like to order a course video, DVD, or notebook to review in advance of your course (recommended!), go to our shop. (be aware that last-minute orders may not arrive before your workshop). Many of these items will also be available at your workshop.
What to Bring to Your Workshop:
- Printed directions and map to the course location. There may not be anyone able to answer your phone call for directions on the morning of the workshop.
- Loose, comfortable clothing; and shorts (and sports bra for women) that will allow direct access to all body regions relevant to your workshop (undergarments or swimwear are also fine);
- Snacks (availability of on-site refreshments varies by location);
- Your Advanced-Trainings.com “COURSE RECORD” form if you’ve taken previous classes in this series;
- Your Course Notebook if you ordered one in advance, or if you are repeating the course.
- Some locations require participants to bring linens (sheets and towel for your own use) or a massage or treatment table. Your registration information will have this listed, or contact your event’s host for confirmation.
Advanced Myofascial Techniques Series
...with Til Luchau and the Advanced-Trainings.com faculty
Since 1985, over 6,000 professionals have trained in our live Advanced Myofascial Techniques seminars. They live in 51 US states and territories, in more than twenty countries, and on all seven continents. These classes are hands-on, state-of-the art, and filled with techniques practitioners can immediately put to use for addressing their patients’ and clients’ most common complaints. Our expert faculty has many decades’ experience in working with manual therapy practitioners (Physical Therapists and Physios, PTAs, Osteopaths, Massage Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Rolfers and SI practitioners, Bodyworkers, Chiropractors, Movement Therapists, etc), of all levels and backgrounds.
The Advanced Myofascial Techniques workshop series presents these practicing manual therapists and qualified students with advanced and little-known myofascial techniques which can be easily incorporated into existing personal styles. Drawing on a wide range of disciplines, the focus is on unusual, interesting, and fresh approaches that will both expand technique repertoire and inspire creativity and innovation. Training topics include:
• Specific techniques for commonly encountered complaints
• Relieving pain, restoring lost function, and getting lasting results
• Utilizing both active and passive movement to enhance effectiveness
• Precision in working with specific tissue types and body layers
• Combining indirect or subtle work with deep or direct work
• Ways to work sensitively, safely, and comfortably at very deep levels
Completion of the five Core workshops leads to an optional Certification in Advanced Myofascial Techniques.
The Specialty Advanced Myofascial Techniques courses include:
• Headaches & Migraines
• Sciatica & Disc Issues
• Knee Issues
• Rib Issues
• Ankle Issues
• Ilia & SI Joints
• Myofascial Mastery
• Pain in Practice
Prerequisite: These courses are limited to trained practitioners and advanced students of hands-on body therapies (for example, Bodyworkers, Physical Therapists, Rolfers, Chiropractors, Structural Integration Practitioners, Massage Therapists, Neuro-Muscular Therapists, and other somatic practitioners). Students of these disciplines with at least 250 hours of hands-on training and/or instructor approval may also be accepted. Feel free to contact us directly about prerequisites or course content.
These workshops are approved for NCBTMB, AMTA, ABMP, IASI, State Board CEU’s, CE/CME credits for Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Certified Rolfers, and many other types of credit (check with your agency for any special conditions or type of credit earned).
Typical Workshop Schedule, Part II:
8:45 AM Arrival and Sign-In
9:00 AM Workshop Session
12:30 PM (approximate): Lunch break, optional practice
2:00 PM (approximate): Workshop Session
4:30 PM (approximate): Part II Conclusion
(May vary by location or by part: check your event's registration page for confirmed start and end times for each part.)
|SPINAL FLEXION & EXTENSION, Spine Part II:|
|SPINAL FLEX./EXT. SEQUENCE
Analysis: Spinal Flexion & Extension
Anterior Thoracic Fascia
Flexion Fixed Facets
Extension Fixed Facets
Vertebral Rotations: Unwinding
Posterior Cervicals: Wedges
Seated Back Work
|SUPPLEMENTAL TECHNIQUES (DVD)
SCM: Sternal Attachments
A/P Rib Release
Rectus Abdominis: Lifting
Rolling Up from Feet (Client Ed.)
Extension Fixed Facets: Seated