- Title: Spine, Ribs & Low Back: Principles
- Format: online self-paced course with live meetings
- Time required: about 16 hours, plus optional elements*
- Credits: 16 (details below)
- 4 video lesson sequences (about 12 hours total)
- 4 quizzes (10-25 min each, 15 questions total, open book)
- 4 faculty led small-group meetings
- 1 supervised practice period
- 4 movement sessions (optional)
- Recommended readings and recordings (optional)
- Discussion in study group or private online forum
- Brief self-evaluation and learning summary (15-30 min)
Click on each Lesson to open it; then :
Watch the Lecture video*
Watch or follow along with the Technique video*
Read the recommended chapters
Practice the techniques* &/or complete the recommended movement lessons
Note questions and insights in the Comments, your Small Group, or the Forum
Bring your questions to your faculty-led live Small Group meeting*
Complete the quiz (and the final learning summary).*
* - Starred items are required for credit; remaining items are options but highly recommended for all.
- All required materials are included in this Course Navigator, including the Spine, Ribs & Low Back I&II Techniques Video plus lecture videos, pdf handouts, transcripts, and extras.
- Optional readings can be found in AMT Volume II, or as referenced in the course.
- Optional movement sessions can be found in the recommended companion course: Zoga Movement: Spine, Ribs & Low Back Online Course
- The course Orientation will be available by recording, but live attendance at (4) Small Groups and (1) Practice Period is now required for credit (since those meetings are not recorded.) If you need to miss one of those meetings, there are two make-up options (an administrative fee may apply):
- You can request access to one meeting with a different cohort;
- And/or, a maximum of one Small Group can be made up via a written assignment if needed.
- CAMT: Live attendance earns 2 CAMT Core credits. Approval for NCBTMB 16 credits has been applied for and is pending. This course may also earn other types of CE credit, but be sure to confirm eligibility with your agency or association.
- A minimum score of 70% on each quiz is required for course credit. You will have a chance to review your answers and retake each quiz a limited number of times.
- An official Certificate documenting your credits will be awarded based on satisfactory completion of required items.
- Deadline: all required items must be satisfactorily completed within 2 weeks of course completion (by June 28, 2023). A fee applies for later completion, if credit is still available. Once completed, your credits and certificate will continue to be available on your Learner Dashboard, as they normally are.
[Principles: Spine] A. AXIAL RELEASE SEQUENCE
[Principles: Spine] B. LATERAL SEQUENCE