NECK, JAW, & HEAD I&II
Add this to your cart or subscribe for:
• Complete instructor demonstrations from our popular 2-day Advanced Myofascial Techniques: Neck, Jaw & Head, Parts I & II course (including 30 techniques and assessments, plus 18 supplemental techniques not shown in live courses).
• Anytime-access to entire 5-chapter video set with purchase or active subscription.
• Certificate of Achievement and three (3) CE/CPD Credits (NCBTMB, state, CAMT elective, etc*).
• Includes free download of the Course Notebook PDF ($5.99 value)
• Complete text transcriptions in English and German, for your easy reference
• Downloadable mp3 file of full course’s audio
• DVD only
• Certificate & Credits only
• Principles Course (complete course with lectures, CAMT Core credit option, etc)
• Techniques Video (this item)
Learn highly effective Advanced Myofascial Techniques that will dramatically improve your ability to work with conditions such as:
• shoulder pain
• rotator cuff injuries
• adhesive capsulitis / "frozen shoulder"
• impingement issues
• thoracic outlet syndrome
• carpal tunnel symptoms
• repetitive stress injuries
• hand and wrist pain
• neurovascular compression symptoms ...and more.
Filmed at actual Rolf Institute®-associated* continuing education seminars, these best-selling videos show effective hands-on myofascial tools, assessments, and techniques that address common client complaints. Each course includes instructor demonstrations, explanations, student questions, technique variations (and the occasional blooper) that convey the immediacy of an actual class. This "recorded live" format imparts the essential elements of each technique in a way that pre-scripted, studio-produced videos may not. Since their original release, the Advanced Myofascial Techniques videos have become classic reference, teaching, and study resources, purchased and used by tens of thousands of hands-on practitioners around the world, in clinics, universities, private practices, sports centers, and spas offering physical therapy, sports rehabilitation, massage therapy, and more. The techniques and protocols are designed to be used on their own, or combined with myofascial release, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, structural integration and Rolfing®*, active release therapy (ART), shiatsu, acupuncture, neuromuscular therapy, fascial release, and more.
BONUS: includes free download of the accompanying online PDF Course Notebook (usually $5.99) which illustrates the each of the video's techniques with clear photographs, selected key points, cautions, and space for your annotations. Use the notebook together with the video to organize your notes and maximize your learning. Check your email for the download link to your free PDF Course Notebook after you order.
Optional: Get credit and earn a Certificate of Completion! Videos and workshops in this series have been approved for CE/CME/CPD Continuing Education Credit for regulating agencies and professional associations worldwide, including; NCBTMB, ABMP, AMTA, IASI, Rolf Institute®, CE Broker; FL, NY, OR, NC and most US state boards; AAMT (Australia), AMT (Australia), ATMS (Australia), NHPC (Canada), BC (Canada), and more. Please confirm approval prior to purchase, as approvals do vary. Documentation for meeting licensure and continuing educational requirements for other agencies or governing bodies (such as physical therapy, acupuncture, or chiropractic associations) is also available upon request.
*Rolfing® is a brand of Structural Integration and is a registered service mark of the Rolf Institute® of Structural Integration. Rolfing® Structural Integration is not taught in advanced-trainings.com courses.
Packaging and labels may be different than pictured.
This “regionless” DVD format will play on most DVD playing devices, regardless of country.
This bundle includes:
• Online Video access with complete instructor demonstrations from our popular 2-day Advanced Myofascial Techniques: Neck, Jaw & Head, Parts I & II course (including 30 techniques and assessments, plus 18 supplemental techniques not shown in live courses).
• Certificate of Achievement and three (3) CE/CPD Credits (NCBTMB, state, CAMT, etc*).
Total running time: 2:09 (Part I: 55 min; Part II: 74 min)
NECK, JAW & HEAD
|CERVICAL SLEEVE SEQUENCE |
Neck/Shoulder Girdle Differentiation
Upper Rib Release
Isolated Cervical Circumduction
Neck / Torso Release
SCM: Sternal Attachments
|CERVICAL CORE SEQUENCE
Posterior Cervicals: Wedges
Cervical Rotation A: Fl/Ext
Cervical Rotation B: Sidebending
|JAW, THROAT, & FACE SEQUENCE |
Jaw/Cervicals Bucket Handle
Digastrics, Floor of Mouth: ÒBulldogÓ
|A/O, INTEGRATION SEQUENCE
Dial Test and Release: C1 on C2
Egg Cup: A/O Glide
Xiphoid / Halux Hold
Sitting Neck Work
|SUPPLEMENTAL TECHNIQUES (not shown in live courses)|
Nuchal Ligament Length
Cervical Vertebral Mobility
Sleeve/Core Differentiation I
Sleeve/Core Differentiation II
Sleeve/Core Differentiation III
Neck / Torso Release II
Intra-Oral: Facial Fascia
A/O 5¡ Tests
Transverse Processes of Atlas
Floating Head (Standing)
Since 1985, over 6,000 professionals have trained in our live Advanced Myofascial Techniques seminars. They live in 51 US states and territories, in more than twenty countries, and on all seven continents. These classes are hands-on, state-of-the art, and filled with techniques practitioners can immediately put to use for addressing their patients’ and clients’ most common complaints. Our expert faculty has many decades’ experience in working with manual therapy practitioners (Physical Therapists and Physios, PTAs, Osteopaths, Massage Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Rolfers and SI practitioners, Bodyworkers, Chiropractors, Movement Therapists, etc), of all levels and backgrounds.
The Advanced Myofascial Techniques workshop series presents these practicing manual therapists and qualified students with advanced and little-known myofascial techniques which can be easily incorporated into existing personal styles. Drawing on a wide range of disciplines, the focus is on unusual, interesting, and fresh approaches that will both expand technique repertoire and inspire creativity and innovation. Training topics include:
• Specific techniques for commonly encountered complaints
• Relieving pain, restoring lost function, and getting lasting results
• Utilizing both active and passive movement to enhance effectiveness
• Precision in working with specific tissue types and body layers
• Combining indirect or subtle work with deep or direct work
• Ways to work sensitively, safely, and comfortably at very deep levels
Completion of the five Core workshops leads to an optional Certification in Advanced Myofascial Techniques.
The Specialty Advanced Myofascial Techniques courses include:
• Headaches & Migraines
• Sciatica & Disc Issues
• Knee Issues
• Rib Issues
• Ankle Issues
• Ilia & SI Joints
• Myofascial Mastery
• Pain in Practice
Prerequisite: These courses are limited to trained practitioners and advanced students of hands-on body therapies (for example, Bodyworkers, Physical Therapists, Rolfers, Chiropractors, Structural Integration Practitioners, Massage Therapists, Neuro-Muscular Therapists, and other somatic practitioners). Students of these disciplines with at least 250 hours of hands-on training and/or instructor approval may also be accepted. Feel free to contact us directly about prerequisites or course content.
These workshops are approved for NCBTMB, AMTA, ABMP, IASI, State Board CEU’s, CE/CME credits for Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants, Certified Rolfers, and many other types of credit (check with your agency for any special conditions or type of credit earned).